Search Site
Sealing, Expunging and Clemency Petitions

South Holland Attorney represents clients in Sealing, Expunging and Clemency Petitions in Cook County First District (Chicago)

Sealing, Expunging and Clemency Petitions

When you have an arrest, a record of that arrest continues to exist even if you have been acquitted of the charge.  To clear the arrest record and court record, you have to either have a judge seal or expunge your arrest and court record or seek clemency from the governor.  When your record is sealed, it still exists but it is not accessible to the public.  When your record is expunged, the record is either destroyed or returned to you.
If you are not eligible to have your record sealed or expunged, you can seek clemency from the governor by submitting a clemency petition to the Illinois Prisoner Review Board.  If the Review Board approves your Petition, they will forward your Petition to the governor.  The governor has the sole discretion to grant your Petition.

The Law Office of Elfreda Dockery has assisted individuals with sealing or expunging  arrests and court cases that occurred in Chicago and has also prepared clemency petitions for Illinois arrests and court cases.

A Practical and Solution-Oriented Process

I take a detail-oriented approach when assisting you with sealing and expunging your arrest records or drafting your clemency petition.   I interview you about your case. I discuss all details of your petition with you to determine your best course of action. I attend court to advocate on your behalf to have your record either sealed or expunged.

Contact a qualified lawyer today regarding your arrest record

Elfreda Dockery represents clients in Cook County’s First District (Chicago) when you need to have your arrest record sealed or expunged.  For your arrests that occurred anywhere in Illinois that are not eligible to be sealed or expunged, I will draft your Clemency Petition.  Contact my South Holland office online or at 312-964-3761 to speak to a seasoned legal counsel when you need to seal or expunge your arrest record or need to obtain clemency from the governor.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • South Holland Office
    17070 South Park Avenue
    Suite K
    South Holland, Illinois 60473
    Phone: 312-372-5600